I know the updates have been a little sparse lately. You do know it’s summertime right? I do get a little distracted during the summer months. Not that I am not a little busy as well. I have been up to all kind of photo related endeavor. Here is a brief rundown:
- Finding and testing a new provider for lightjet prints and the accompanying presentation for very large print projects. The last one I used unexpectedly closed it’s doors after decades of provining top quality products. Amazing this economy of ours.
- Doing some mini-workshops on previsualization and exposure for film.
- A couple small photography jobs - no big deals but still time consuming.
- Helping another phogorapher develop and design an eBook. A very experimental deal. I will provide a couple of details shortly. The experimental part is that it is a cross between a coffee table book designed to be printed on real paper and a short educational text. It is produced in very high resolution because it is image heavy and designed to be examined closely. More on this shortly.
- Designing and constructing a shopping cart from scratch. No not as an intellectual exercise. All of the canned solutions that I would consider are too big, bulky, and complemented but don’t do exactly what a few of us need and would have to be hacked or plug-in’d to death in any case.
- Responding to a bunch of email questions. Some of them very similar. I will be putting up a couple of post production related posts - like sharpening based on some of the common questions I get. The topic of sharpening in the context of Aperture 3 comes up more than you might belive. My thoughts on the subject might surprise you. Keep an eye out.
What have you been up to this summer?
RBblog comments powered by Disqus