The Rules of Photography - As I Know Them So Far
Yep, There are some rules that I have figured out. You may not like them but they are so far true as far as I can see. Here they are as plain as day.
- You cannot do better than what you are seeing, If it looks fantastic you will get only a tiny bit of that.
- Light cannot be better than what nature has produced, you can try but you will not get far.
- You are only a jerk with a camera and somehow you think you are the only one that can possibly see what you see. You are wrong, everybody sees exactly what you see - you may pay a little more attention to somethings than others and vis-a-vis buy you are no different.
- Your prints on paper will never ever ever be as bright as you saw them. Never.
- Your photos will suck compared to the one in the mind’s eye.
- Your mind’s eye sucks compared Â to reality.
- No lens, camera, technique, or secret recipe will ever come close to recording exactly what you felt and what you wanted to show anyone else.
- Even if you know all of the above you will still try by all means possible to show just one other person exactly what you saw and felt.
- You have to be insane.
- Even if you hate the world you have to love.
Just some food for thought,
RBblog comments powered by Disqus